Monday, August 30, 2010

Fiddler and Android SDK

So, I've been trying to get my android emulator to talk through fiddler. I've run through all the settings, command line options, and nothing seems to work. I ran across one quote that I suspect is true, in Android 2 it ignores any proxy settings and is broke. It works great in 1.5.

Even though we aren't using Android 2.2 OS, I decided, why not. Kick it off, tweak the settings, and sure enough, it actually works. Since what I'm needing to test isn't specific to 2.1 or 2.2, this is good enough for me. YMMV, but try it with 2.2 and it should work. (if only Google would go back and fix 2.1)...

No comments: